*Shown in picture: Table, Bevel head, operator platform are optional.
The Versagraph Extreme is an extra heavy-duty, gantry, thermal cutting machine using the latest design methods such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to assure this machine can operate in the most challenging environments. The Versagraph Extreme series utilizes the latest technologies to provide unmatched speed, accuracy, versatility, reliability and durability in a thermal cutting machine.The Versagraph Extreme can be fully customized to fit your production needs and increase your productivity. Multiple plasma stations, oxy-fuel stations, marking options as well as full contour plasma beveling, which is controlled through a very easy to use operator interface. Steel Service Centers, Heavy Fabricators, Equipment Manufacturers and Shipbuilders are just a few of our markets.
Features | Standard Equipment
- Plasma & Oxy-fuel cutting process capabilities
- Operator Station: Sercos III Edge-Pro CNC provides fast communications between the CNC, tool options and ethernet.The easy to use operator console is designed to incorporate up to 4 plasma stations, 2 full contour plasma bevel heads and up to 16 oxy-fuel torches. A swivel design allows the operator to work inside or outside of the longitudinal rail.
- Large Heavy Duty Rail System: The floor mounted rail systems provides a very rigid foundation for the large 37 KG triple machined rail. This is necessary for very accurate and smooth machine motion. This large heavy duty rail system can be easily expanded to accommodate additional cutting lengths or additional machines on a common rail.
- KOIKE Engineered Main Electrical Enclosure: No proprietary components are designed into the KOIKE main electrical enclosure. Only "Off-the-Shelf" components are structured for this design. This main electrical enclosure incorporates Sercos-III interface for extremely fast communication between the CNC and electrical components. 18 Amp Bosch/Rexroth drives are used to give the HP required to achieve 1400 IPM rapid traverse speed. Power requirements is 480/3/60 @ 30 Amp.
- Powerful AC Servo Drives and Ultra Low Backlash Planetary Gearboxes:
Power 6 hp drives, for X and Y-axis, provide precise, smooth, and
accurate motion for excellent cut quality.
- Drive System Engagement: Precisely engages the pinion into the rack using dual precision linear bearings. Provides long life and accurate machine motion.
- Large Diameter Drive Pinions: Large diameter pinions offer accurate
and smooth machine motion and are designed to achieve a very 1400 IPM
rapid traverse speeds.
- Large 12" Dia. Main Roller/Rail Scrapper: Large heavy duty main
saddle rollers provides stability for heavy loads while achieving smooth
- Large Brass Rail Scrappers: Provide excellent scrapping of debris to keep machine motion smooth and stable.
Cross Axis Cable Carrier: A sealed design keeps hoses and cables protected from harsh environments.
Rail Axis Cable Carrier: Can be mounted on the floor or overhead (optional). A sealed design keeps hoses and cables protected from harsh environments.
Heavy Duty Cross Axis Linear Bearings: Precision linear bearings provide smooth and very accurate motion while providing very heavy load capacities.
- Pneumatic Dot-Peen Stamp Marker Station: Carbide
tipped variable speed punch for marking bend lines, layout lines, drill
locations and lettering/numbering as small as 1/4" high.
Plate Plate Marking: Low amperage plasma marking with the ability to adjust marking depth through the CNC parameters.
- Slave Carriage Band Clamp: Allows easy and accurate placement and spacing of tools such as, oxy-fuel and plasma torches.
- Cable and Hose Management: All cable and hoses are properly installed to eliminate twisting and fraying during machine motion.
Optional CNC Controls
- Hypertherm® EDGE Pro
Plasma Systems & Options
Hypertherm HyPerformance/HyDefinition Plasma SystemsHyPerformance Plasma cuts fine-feature parts with superior quality and consistency while eliminating cost of secondary operations. The quick disconnect torch makes changing consumables fast and easy. Long consumable life, dross free edges,minimum angularity and high system reliability maximize productive "arc-on-time".HyPerformance Plasma combines fast cutting speeds, rapid process cycling, quick changeovers and high reliability to maximize productivity. 130 amp to 800 amp systems are available to meet you production demands.
Hypertherm Conventional LongLife Air and Oxygen Plasma SystemsHeavy-Duty production tools with cost reducing LongLife technology for dramatically longer consumable life and much lower operating costs. The quick disconnect torch makes changing consumables fast and easy. Impressive cut speeds, consistent cut quality and exceptional consumable life gives this plasma system a reliable performance across a wide range of industrial applications.
- TrueHole™by Hypertherm®: produces significant hole quality
- Koike Integrated Sensor THC Torch Height Control
▪ 12" (340.8 mm) Lifter Travel
▪ 1,000 IPM Programmable Lifter Speed
▪ Adjustable stroke retract between cuts
▪ Dynamic positioning.
Collision Detection Mount
▪ Magnetic integral breakaway for collision detection and system shutdown
▪ Primary Ohmic contact plate sensing for clean plate
▪ Secondary plate sensing means for scaled/rusty plate
▪ Primary and secondary means for lifter homing
- 3D-LT Bevel Unit with Koike HD Sensor-THC Height Control:
True focal point technology. This head is designed so motors and gearboxes are receiving maximum protection from the cutting environment. No electrical wires or components near the heat, smoke and dust involved with the cutting process. Designed for simplified alignment and lower maintenance costs.
Continuous 360° rotation.
Accuracy +/- .5 DegreesBevel Angle Capability:
Positive bevel angle: 50°
Negative bevel angle: 50°
Bevel Types include:
A, V, X, Top Y, Bottom Y & K
- Manual Plasma Bevel Station: Bevel in the rail axis only. Non-contour mechanical adjustment from +/- 0 - 45°.
- Laser Pointer: Allows operator a visual indicator for plate alignment and torch positioning.
Oxy-Fuel Systems & Options
Oxy-Fuel Torch Stations (Up to 10 stations available): Model "G" motorized lifter, 6-inch (150 mm) or 12" (300 mm) stroke at 40 IPM. All stations are controlled from the Operator Console. Capacitive height control (shown) allows exact tip to work piece standoff distance. Automatic ignition (not shown) allows tip ignition automatically through a program or can be executed manually from the Operator Console.
- KOIKE Torch Bevel Head Attachment: The bevel head attachment is used in place of a Koike cutting tip. It is used for bevel cutting operations, including top and bottom bevel cuts.
- KOIKE Twin Tip Holder: Coverts a single oxy-fuel cutting torch into
dual cutting torches. Allows strip cutting and a closer distance
between small parts.
- KOIKE D7 Oxy-fuel Cutting Tips: Lifetime warranty. Koike cutting tips are designed to reduce backfires to keep both the operator and torch safe.
Servo Gas Control with Auto Ease-On: Allows high-lo preheat for fast preheating of plate and superior cutting quality. Features auto ease-on pierce control for cut oxygen. Allows for precise piercing on thicker plate. Dome loaded regulators provide precise flame adjustment. In addition to the benefits of the Servo Gas Control, it also allows multiple torch thick plate cutting and includes a main beam electric blower fan and heavy duty heat shields to deflect heat and sparks.
Slave Station Selection Switch: Allows the slave stations to be manually placed in the work area. A pneumatic switch clamps the station to the endless loop Kevlarbelt allowing the station to follow the master drive station.
- Fume Extraction Unit - made by Donaldson ExtraLife™
- Safety Light Curtain: will shut-off machine if anything comes within the path of the light curtain while machine is in motion.
- Optional Operator Platform
- CNC Air Conditioning Unit: Provides additional cooling required for machines operating in temps above 120°F (49°C).